Womens/Unisex organic cotton t shirt – Bi in the 2000s™ – ‘Who do I sit with?’
Wear your t-shirt with Pride!
- This organic cotton t-shirt features a digitally printed image of the ‘Who do I sit with?’ painted design from the ‘Bi in the 2000s™’ illustrative art series, created by Bristol-based artist Anna Frances from @annafranceshealing on Instagram, and @annafranhealing on Twitter.
- This organic cotton t-shirt is from a manufacturer that is ‘Fair Wear’ approved, meaning the production meets the required standards for garment workers’ rights, as set by the Fair Wear Foundation.
- Why organic cotton? Choosing organic means less chemicals are used in the farming methods, meaning it’s kinder to the planet, and kinder to your skin. It also means less water is used in the production process when farming the organic cotton.
- The image highlights how Anna Frances felt growing up as a teenager and young adult in the 2000s in the UK. The painting represents a time when it felt like no one around her during that period had ‘come out’ as bisexual, and there was very little visibility of bisexuality around her in her day-to-day life. This painting highlights the confusion she felt at the time in places such as night clubs, and also the later realisation that seeing people in ‘groups’ wasn’t always the most helpful way to view others.
- ‘Bi in the 2000s™’ is a 9-part illustrative series that explores Anna Frances’ journey in the 2000s, growing up in the UK as a teenager and young adult, as someone that identifies as bisexual. It focuses on everyday experiences in everyday spaces, and is designed to address the lack of visibility of bisexuality and LGBTQ+ topics, in the UK in the 2000s.
- The first painting of the series was released on social media on Bisexuality Visibility Day, September 23rd, 2019.
- The paintings in the series represent one person’s journey, but the art also contributes to wider discussions around the visibility of bisexuality and LGBTQ+ communities in the 2000s, and will have a different meaning to everyone that looks at the art.
- These designs are colourful, they’re beautiful and they’re bold. They’re designed to be worn by anyone, including those that identify as being part of the LGBTQ+ community, and its supporters. Everyone deserves to be represented 🙂
- Estimated shipping time 1-2 weeks. Shipped with DPD.